Friday, September 21, 2007

Tamil Nadu: Karunanidhi's Anti-Hindu Rant

In our childhood, I got curious when I first learned the Hindi phrase, "Chand ke upar thookna". What is the meaning of that? The teacher said, "If you spit at the moon, looking above, the spit will fall onto you only". Yeah, I understood. But how come the Chief Minister of TN doesn't understand that? Which school has he attended?

Once in the classroom, teacher was talking about the false confidence level of different people. I said what about politicians? She brushed it off, and said she won't talk about the politicians; they are hardly humans. Her face expressed all.

What Karunanidhi said (quoting):

“Ram is as big a lie as the Himalayas and the Ganga are true.”

"Valmiki has called Rama a drunkard, who regularly used to drink intoxicants”

“Let Advani read Valmiki and come. I am prepared for a debate with him on this"

“Ramayana is just a fictitious story like the many I myself have written and Ram is purely a fictional character.”

After all my learning, of phrases in the school and faces in the college, if I take the trouble of writing about this, I would be naive. But one thing: those who feared that the changing demography and rampant religious conversions will corrupt India one day, are having the last laugh. And those who know the internal politics of TN, who understood the real intentions why Shankaracharya was tortured in the state on murder charges, who know the politics of reservations in the state from before the independence days, who know about the caste based riots that happened in the state, will not comment either. After all, they had warned us a long time before. Wait a minute, that Dilip Kumar also warned us once, "Ram Chandra kah gaye Siya se, aisa Kaliyug aayega".

No comments:

Post a Comment