Saturday, May 30, 2015

Why I Support Ban on IIT Madras Hate Monger Group

From what I read, the guys who were part of the group called Ambedkar Periyar Study Circle (APSC) were playing politics. They have gone there to study, not to do politics. Any institute would have expelled those loafers.

What kind of “study” it is to protest beef ban (in some other state) or against “Hindi enforcement” (as if it is really happening)? These guys as their group’s name suggests, are of a particular “ideology” and hence they were pitching up against some policies which are against their own ideology. I don’t know why it should be allowed, no matter how much anti-Modi forces speak for it. Because such politics could lead to civil wars and violence – a repeat in Tamil Nadu.
I read that this group has only been “derecognized” and has been refrained from using “IIT Madras” name or logo in its work. That is the least; we could not even call it “punishment”. And the whole anti-Modi brigade/media is shouting as if heaven has fallen on us. If I were dean I would suspend all such students which are playing such politics in the campus.
This is why I support action against this group at IIT Madras.
Disclaimer: Views expressed are personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment