Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Case of Misled Hindus Waiting to Return

I have a friend who has a Christian name though he comes from near my hometown where almost no Christians live. Still this guy has installed Ram Sita pictures, burnt incense sticks and worshipped every morning (which even I didn’t do daily), did Yoga often in the evening and celebrated Diwali in full spirits. I got to know that his family was converted under influence from some Christian missionary, but from his heart he has never accepted the new religion. He is happy being a Hindu in heart.
 
But he is of marriageable age and I wonder if any Hindu father would give his daughter to him. In that case, he would certainly marry another Christian and if his wife would be an evangelist kind of Christian, he may also change his heart or his children and future generations would definitely be Christians. In such case the best thing to happen is if he “converts” to Hinduism officially. But here too, there are hurdles: 1. His parents may not allow it to happen, and 2. Even if he converts, would any Hindu father give his daughter to such a person? Then what is the way out?
 
I think a solution can come if there is any Hindu organisation which provides good assistance to such estranged Hindus. I read a lot about Arya Samaj, but I wonder if they have kept up pace with the Generation-Y. Also, what is the way for any such organisation to reach him, if he himself doesn’t go to ask for help.
 
I wonder what the way out is for people like him…

No comments:

Post a Comment